Full time, benefit eligible
Position requiring skills and knowledge of several facets of FIRST’s financials. Interaction will be daily with customers providing financial support in the areas of all FIRST programs registration payments, financial policies, and invoice requests.
Including but not limited to:
Accounts Payable 20%
- Assist the Accounts Payable Specialist in processing payables when necessary. Knowledge of Purchase Orders, receiving records, and vendor Invoices is required. Assist in the process of matching the 3 when needed.
- Assist the Accounting Specialist in collection of accounts receivables for all of FIRST’s programs. Assist the Accounting Specialist in preparing invoices when requested, making collection calls for FIRST Programs Registration payments and taking Credit Card payments that come in over the phone to the Finance Department.
- Bring the bank deposits to the bank weekly for both the Operating and Facility accounts. Depending on the volume of Cash Receipts deposits may need to be done several times during a week. The Accounting Specialist will provide the Accounting Assistant with all checks that need to be deposited to create the bank deposit slip. The Accounting Assistant will then photocopy each Check to be deposited as well as the completed bank deposit slip. When finished the receipt from the bank for the deposits are to be attached to the copies of the checks and the supporting documents. Once bundled all is to be giving to the Accounting Specialist to file.
Accounts Receivable 80%
- Open the mail on a daily basis and date stamp all mail with the date received. Separate all revenue received from Invoices for Accounts Payable. Stamp the back of each check received with the “for deposit only” stamp that has out bank acct #. Any mail that is sent to the Finance group that is not a Payable invoice, re-granting documentation or revenue will need to be forwarded to the appropriate person.
- When processing the daily mail locate and attach any FIRST Customer Revenue Invoices that apply to revenue received to the check. All revenue received is to then be submitted to the Accounting Specialist to process.
- When processing the daily mail - all Payable Invoices and Expense Reports are to be stamped for the Accounts Payable Specialist for coding. One stamp is used to record Acct. #, Acct. Description, Job Code and Approval Signature. Another stamp is used to record the day posted to the financials.
- Accuracy in documentation in both the FIRST Team Database and ‘Sage Financial Software is mandatory. Work closely with the Accounting Specialist to assist in the collection of Teams re-granting documents and W-9’s for processing of pass through grant payments through Sage Software.
Assistance with Finance projects if needed – 10-20%
- Assist with any items needed for yearly external audits and/or financial filings.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Must maintain excellent Customer service skills (3-5 year experience) through correspondence and telephone interactions. Ability to handle heavy volume of calls and emails from customers during the registrations periods for programs. Capability to multi-task is necessary.
- Must maintain a thorough knowledge of the accounting software and spreadsheet applications utilized by the Organization. Would be helpful if experienced in Sage and Microsoft Office.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable – Finance related experience of 3-5 years
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, contracts, and grant awards. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define scenarios, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be strong in using accounting software, database software, Internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer
For consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary expectations to the Human Resources Department. All submittals must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include title of position followed by your name in the subject line.
Please note: This position will be located in our main facility in Manchester, NH.